Roger Federer is a Tennis Player, from Switzerland. He was born on 8th August 1981 in Basel, Switzerland. Roger owns the citizenship of South Africa and Swiss both.
Roger was never interested in academics, so he left the studies at the age of 16 years and dedicated his life to sports. He was ranked #4, by Association Of Tennis Professionals in Men’s Singles Tennis.
Roger Federer Net Worth 2019
Roger Federer has the net worth calculated $500 million, as of the beginning of 2019.
He has earned around $65 million per year, from the number of endorsements and the prize money awarded to him. His efforts and sincerity of playing with all his heart have yielded him the desired results, every time he entered the game.
Roger Federer Biography
|Full Name||Roger Federer|
|Birthdate||8th August 1981|
|Birth Place||Basel, Switzerland|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Playing Position||Right Handed|
Beginning of Future
Roger Federer became the National Junior Champion in Switzerland when he was 12 years old.
He went through the Military Training, which was compulsory to be availed. However, he was not suitable for the same.
Roger has been a great player in different sports since his childhood, like basketball and badminton. His actions of the hand are highly tuned with his eyesight.
Knock of Fortune
In 1998, Roger became professional. He remains in the list of Top 10 for the continuous duration of October 2002 to November 2016.
Roger Federer Foundation was created to help the underprivileged children, for supporting their future in academics and sports in 2003.
His charity continued in the following years, for the aid to the needy children. Roger also helped the children, who are the victims of natural calamities. He auctioned his racquet in 2005, for helping the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
For the victims of the 2004 earthquake, he presented an exhibition with the top players of the world. In order to provide maximum support, for the required masses.
In 2006 he was assigned the responsibility to spread awareness, for AIDS as a Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF.
Awards and Titles
- Roger Federer won 20 Grand Slam Singles Titles. It was an unbeatable record of any male player, in the history of tennis.
- He has achieved 8 Wimbledon Titles, along with 6 Titles in the Australian Open.
- Roger also won a French Open Title and 5 US Open Titles.
- He successfully achieved the 6 ATP Titles, 28 Titles in ATP Tour Masters 1000 and 22 Titles in ATP Tour 500.
- Roger has been awarded 13 times, with the Tour Sportsmanship Award. He became the ITF World Champion and ATF Player Of The Year 5 times.
- He also received the Award 4 times, for BBC Overseas Sports Personality Of The Year.
- There is a street in Halley, which is named as Roger Federer Alley.
Personal Life and Family
Roger’s father Robert Federer belongs to Swiss-German community of Brick in Canton of St. Gallen. His mother Lynette Federer belongs to Kempton Park of South Africa. He has an elder sister.
He is married to Miroslava Federer in 2009, who was a player of the Women’s Tennis Association and quit playing tennis in 2002. They have 2 twins daughters and 2 twins sons.