TrustedNetWorth

Explore Net Worth of Celebs Around The World

Rahul Sharma (Micromax) Net Worth 2019, Wiki, Age, Height, Wife

Rahul Sharma is a well-known businessmen in India. He is the founder of YU Televentures, an electronics brand that is basically a joint venture between Micromax Informatics and Cyanogen Inc. Sharma is also the co-founder of Micromax Informatics along with Sumeet Arora, Rajesh Agarwal, and Vikas Jain. He also founded the country’s first Artificially Intelligent Bike, Revolt Motors.

Rahul Sharma Net Worth 2019

Rahul Sharma has a current net worth of more than Rs 4070 crores. With profits coming from Micromax Informatics and YU Televentures, Sharma is one of the richest businessmen in the country today. His amazing business model of selling the quality phones at cheap prices has led to the success of his company and garnered him a lot of fame and rewards as well.

Rahul Sharma Biography

Full NameRahul Sharma
Birth Date5th January 1979
Birth PlaceDelhi, India
ResidenceDelhi, India
NationalityIndian
Age40 Years
Height1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
ReligionHinduism
Hair ColorBlack
Eye ColorBlack
Zodiac SignCapricorn
OccupationBusinessman
Marital StatusMarried
WifeAsin
KidsOne

Rahul Sharma Education

Rahul Sharma has had a rich educational background. He has completed his Bachelors in Commerce (B. Com) as well as his engineering degree, specializing in mechanical engineering, from the University of Saskatchewan in Canada. Apart from these courses, Sharma has also taken part in the program for Owner/ President Management, or simply the OPM, from the prestigious Harvard Business School, in Boston, Massachusetts.

Rahul Sharma Career

Rahul Sharma has had a rich career, with the first ever company he founded being the electronics giant Micromax Informatics Limited in the year 2000. His current designation at the company is Chief Executive Officer. He also serves as the Product Strategy and Channel Sales’ Executive Director at Micromax Informatics. Micromax originally started out as an IT company. Back then, the company mainly dealt with embedded devices. Soon, Micromax started to set foot in the mobile phone business, which soon skyrocketed due to the sale of their brilliant low cost mobile handsets. Apart from this, it also deals with various electronic devices and appliances which are low cost and of good quality. Its television sets, mostly LED, have been getting very good reviews, with Micromax trying to expand further into the electronics department. Sharma has been key to the success of Micromax over the years, with the company making him a strong businessman in the IT and electronics industry.

Rahul Sharma’s biggest gain from Micromax would be YU Teleentures, the joint venture Micromax Informatics has with Cyanogen Inc. YU was the official holder for the Cyanogen Operating System in the country after which the OS was discontinued by the CyanogenMod developers. Sharma holds a 99% stake in the company, with his two Micromax co-founders Sumeet Arora and Vikas Jain holding the other 1%.

Phones like YU Yureka and YU Yuphoria had taken over the mobile phone market during its release, with people flocking to the markets to buy the phone for its amazing features and low price.

Honours and Awards to Rahul Sharma

Gupta has received several honours in his life, with DataQuest naming him the IT Person of the Year in 2016. At the Hello Hall of Fame program in 2016, he was named Entrepreneur of the Year. In 2017, he was awarded the Hindustan Times Game Changer Award for excellence in his field and his contribution to society.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

TrustedNetWorth © 2018-2019  About us | Contact us | Privacy Policy
error: Content is protected !!