Michael Jordan’s original name is Michael Jeffrey Jordan. He was a renowned player of Football. Thereafter, Michael became the Chairman and Principal Owner of Charlotte Hornets of the National Basketball Associations.
He was born on 17 February 1963 in Brooklyn, New York. Michael’s father James R Jordan Sr. was an equipment Supervisor and his mother Deloris worked in the banking sector. They were 5 siblings, in the family.
He went to attend Emsley A. Laney High School in Wilmington. There he developed his skills and performance while playing basketball, baseball, and football. Since his childhood, he was keen to play various games and loved to be an athlete.
Biography of Michael Jordan
|Full Name||Michael Jeffrey Jordan|
|Birthdate||17th February 1963|
|Birth Place||Brooklyn, USA|
|Height||1.98 m (6 ft 6 in)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Playing Position||Shooting Guard|
|Wife||Juanita Vanoy (m. 1989 – d. 2006), Yvette Prieto (m. 2013)|
Michael Jordan was selected in 1981 for Mc Donald’s All American Game, in the senior category. After which, he was engaged by different college Basketball programs.
He played in National Basketball Associations, for 15 seasons continuously. Due to him, National Basketball Associations became famous.
Michael has performed Slam Dunks, from the Free Throw Line in Slam Dunks Contests. This helped him to achieve the nicknames- His Arness and Air Jordan.
All his recognitions were driven from his potential and the passion for sports. That has made him achieve innumerable titles and awards.
Achievements and Awards
- Michael has gained the identity of the Most Defensive Player in Basketball. He stayed the greatest Football player, for a considerable time.
- He has won first National Basketball Associations Championship in 1991, with the Bulls.
- That has been carried on, by the achievements in 1992 and 1993 with the success of a Three-Peat.
- Michael has been awarded the National Basketball Associations Final Most Valuable Player Award 6 times.
- He achieved Scoring Titles 10 times and All-Defensive First Team Honors 9 times.
- Michael has also received All-Star Game Selections 14 times and All National Basketball Associations First Team Designations 10 times.
- In the year 1988, Michael achieved the Award for Defensive Player Of The Year.
Changes and Turns in Career
Michael has quit the National Basketball Associations prior to the 1993 – 1994 games and started his fresh turn with the Minor League Basketball.
Thereafter returned to the Bulls and achieved the Championship continually in 1996, 1997 and 1998.
He left the platform again in 1999 and again joined the National Basketball Associations, for performing in 2001 to 2003.
Michael Jordan Net Worth 2019
Michael Jordan has been estimated with the net worth of $190 Crores at the beginning of 2019. He is ranked as 3rd richest African- American.
Michael has been actively participating in different brand endorsements. Such as Gatorade, Nike’s, Hanes and many other brands. Air Jordan Sneakers of Nike’s was launched in 1984, with Michael as an identity. He has received $3.1 Billion in 2017, from the endorsement of Nike’s.
Michael was one of the highest paid players, with a salary of $93 Million from National Basketball Associations.
He became 1st Billionaire Player in the recorded history of national Basketball Associations. Michael has also performed in the movie Space Jam, that was released in 1996.