Chaka is a famous Songwriter, Musician, and Singer who have performed for over 5 decades to establish herself as a renowned brand. She was also into playing different instruments, since the beginning of her career.
Chaka Khan Net Worth 2019
Chaka Khan owns the net worth of approximately $31.5 million, in the first quarter of 2019. She was able to earn over $1 million from the collection of her debut Chaka and I Feel For You, that broke a lot of records.
Along with the Grammy Grant for Funk This is 2007, she received the earnings of over $160,000. She also received the profit of $46,000, from her studio Album ClassiKhan.
Biography of Chaka Khan
|Full Name||Chaka Khan|
|Birthdate||23rd March 1953|
|Birth Place||Chicago, USA|
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Husband(s)||Hassan Khan, Richard Holland, Doug Rasheed|
Rise In Career
Chaka Khan has been a strong performer on the stage, with her strong and firm voice. That always attracted and mesmerized the audiences.
She began her career in 1970. Her song Tell Me Something Good has been counted at #3 in 1974, on Billboard Hot 100. You Got The Love has reached #11 over Billboard Hot 100.
With her unique and heart throbbing presence, she is able to achieve the title of Queen Of Funk. She is happy with the changing environment in the music industry, unlike other singers.
Achievements & Recognitions
- Chaka Khan has been able to get 3 Gold Albums, 1 Platinum Album, and 3 Gold Singles in her solo career. In addition to which, she has received 4 Gold Albums, 2 Platinum Albums and 4 Gold Singles with collaboration with Rufus.
- She was honoured as 65th Most Successful Dance Artist Of All Time, by Billboard Magazine in 2016.
- Chaka was positioned at #17 among 100 Greatest Women Of Rock & Roll in the original list of VH1.
- She has also won 10 Grammy Awards, in her bright and successful career.
- Chaka Khan’s solo debut album I’m Every Woman achieved the worldwide success, helping it to get Platinum and sale of more than 1 million copies across.
- I Feel For You has achieved the Top Position in the USA and R & B Dance Charts. Along with it, US Pop Chart and #3 over Billboard Hot 100. The song remains in the chart for over 26 weeks beginning at the end of 1984. It also reached #1 in the UK. It was #5 position on Billboard in 1985.
- Chaka Khan has been awarded the Honorary Doctorate Of Music, by Berklee College Of Music in 2004 in the presence of its President- Roger H. Brown.
Early and Personal Life
Chaka Khan is the popular name of Yvette Marie Stevens, who was born on 23rd March 1953 in Chicago. She was born out of the wedlock of Sandra Coleman and Charles Stevens. She is the elder one, among five siblings.
She got married to Hassan Khan in 1970, but soon they were divorced. In 1976, she got married to Richard Holland and they also got divorced after some time.
Chaka has faced some concerns related to her health, which is high blood pressure and diabetes. She was also in controversy due to alcohol and drugs abuse.